Yay! Today I’m here to give y’all my own rambling answers to another Liebster Award. I love awards and tags because I love answering questions. Today Julia and Parker have tagged me. Thank y’all so much! Before we can get started, I will give you the rules.
1. Thank the blog that nominated you for the award
2. Answer the questions they gave you
3. Give 11 fun facts about yourself
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award, and give them 11 questions to answer
Here are my answers to Julia’s Questions
1. What is your favorite music group?
Hmm, that’s really hard. I love the Bontrager family singers, the Harper family, the Carr family, Southern Raised, Grey Havens, and the Church sisters. I’m not sure which is my favorite, though.
2. What is your greatest vice about blogging or the blogosphere?
Looking at blog posts instead of writing speeches for rhetoric? Not that I don’t like rhetoric, it’s just I get distracted.
3. What do you love about blogging or the blogosphere?
The community! I love comments, and commenting on other people’s blogs. I also really like stating my opinion, if you haven’t noticed, LOL.
4. What is a passage of scripture that has meant a lot to you in a moment of struggle or joy? Or if you haven’t experienced that yet, what is your favorite passage of scripture?
You know, as I went through times of trial, Scriptures like, “Lo, I am with you alway, even until the end of the world. Amen.” (Matthew 28:20), “Fear not, for I am with you, neither be thou dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.”(Isaiah 41:10) Really encouraged me. Any real, tangible promise that seemed like a whisper from God saying that I wasn’t alone. And you know what? I wasn’t alone. And Romans 8:28 proved true. Even though I don’t really know why the painful things happened, and why my life had to change, it did, and I am sure it was for good.
5. What would be your dream terrain to live in? (Mountains, beach, desert, etc.)
Mountains! My dream is a small cabin somewhere in the Appalachian mountains, with cows around it. Sounds simply lovely, doesn’t it?
6. What is your favorite season and why?
Winter. For a long time, it was actually my least favorite season because I’m naturally cold. Just always, at the weirdest times, cold. But then I realized I like the leafless trees, the freezing nights, the opportunity to wear ten layers, and the chance of snow. It makes me feel alive, while summer puts me to sleep. 😉
7. What is your favorite book and why?
Ooh, “The Wide Wide World.” It’s supposedly a children’s book, but I have a thing for children’s books. Besides, how can a 580+ novel be called a children’s book? Why? *clears throat*
Ellen Montgomery is in the depths of despair when she is told that she must be parted from her loving mother to live with an aunt that she has never met, and the only thing that could make it worse has happened. The doctor has told Ellen that if she doesn’t go to her aunt, and let her mother go over seas, her mother will die. Faced with temptations, Ellen decides to rely on God for her strength…but will her resolve hold?
8. What is one country you dream of visiting?
Germany. I want to feel, taste, hear, and smell Germany, and the culture there. I want to be a part of it, and I want to learn enough German to speak it. It’s a dream that will someday come true, but until then. *sigh*
9. What is your favorite activity to do with your family?
Oh, singing, if my siblings cooperate. A lot of times they don’t like to. I could play the piano and sing almost all day. It’s so beautiful! And of course sing with my guitar, and without any accompaniment, and in the shower…I just love singing.
10. If you could choose between the weather being eternally rainy but the perfect temperature, and the weather being eternally sunny and cheery but unbearably hot (or unbearably cold, whichever is the opposite of your preference :D), which would you choose?
This is cruel! Just plain cruel. Obviously eternally sunny and extremely hot. I love a good rain, and I adore snow, but I cannot endure one week of rain, let along ETERNAL rain. 😦 I’m feeling very blue at the prospect.
11. If you could have any animal as a pet, which would you choose?
Well, I’ve already tied to convince my parents to let me to bring a dog or a dwarf goat into the house, but don’t worry! Those will be my pets when I get older, and have my own house. Probably a highland cow. They’re so cute. Even cuter than a jersey.
And now my answers to Parker’s questions, BUT! Before that, go check out Parker’s blog here. He’s the BEST pianist, and a very good writer. Go follow his blog!
Well, if you mean forever and after, definitely sunlight, but moonlight is pretty. Especially if you’re out in the field on a full moon. Talk about lovely! And I suppose some folks say it’s romantic, but I don’t know. Never experienced romantic, and have no hankering to, so I’ll stay with broad daylight.
Uh, mostly clean, with a book, unfinished manuscript, and a few changes of clean clothing lying around. I’m not super clean, but I’m not very messy. Well, add a pair of shoes to that list, too. I never put away my shoes because it takes too long to get them back out again. XD
I don’t really know. Can I quote myself? LOL. XD Hmm, either,
“Aim at a high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you’ll hit the bull’s-eye of success.”–Annie Oakley
Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.–Annie Oakley
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.– C.S. Lewis
We must learn to regard people less in light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer.–Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Historic books, scientific books, biographies, and autobiographies are probably my favorite, but mystery and action adventure are really good. Plus, I like authors like Louisa May Alcott and L.M. Montgomery, but I don’t really know what to call their style of writing.
The longer the better, obviously! Haha!
I’d be lying if I said myself, though I am really good, aren’t I? Just kidding. 😉 Parker Hankins, Erin Bates, and Chelsea Bontrager, though I mostly listen to music without pianos. (I know, terrible terrible terrible. ;P )
You’re seriously asking my this? If I believed in things about stars and nonsense, I would say I was born under a crazy star. ANYWAY, my brother pounding out the chords on the piano, someone trying to sing with a song with the radio, or with the piano, and they just don’t have the song, yet, um…window wipers on the car when it isn’t raining enough, and so it just makes that horrid sound that makes your back shiver. Um…Mostly constant, repetitive sounds, like someone smacking when chewing gum. ESPECIALLY SINCE I LOVE GUM, and these braces keep me from it. 😭
A terrible book ending, something that I looked forward to not happening, people not listening to my commands, mosquitos…
To be a performer. People tell me I could do it…And boy, do I want to! We’ll see. 😉
Ugh, I hate this question. To me, a short book is anything under 300 pages, so yeah. Y’all get the idea.
Haha, this question isn’t exactly fair. I have so many blogger friends that I feel bad if I don’t say their blog is my favorite. Um, we’ll just go with From Allison, because that’s the one that helps my Christian walk the most, though Maggie, Anna, Malachi, and Kate often have profound pondering that make me ponder all the more.
Random Fun Facts…
- I tend to get sillier and sillier, plus more energetic the later it gets.
- My favorite folk song at the moment is
- My favorite folk song changes every week.*
- I usually wear two pairs of socks during winter.
- I love hats.
- I’m listening to “The Battle On Shiloh’s Hill.”
- People tell me I’m my worst critic, but I don’t believe it.
- I’ve won Nanowrimo 2017.
- I’m really bad at fun facts.
- I usually skip fun facts.
- My fingers are very long and thin, and I often get asked if I play instruments for that reason.
*Folk songs aren’t encouraged, unless you don’t mind hell, war songs, drinking, and men being hanged.
Liz@ Home with the Hummingbirds
Aria (Are you starting to do tags?)
Molly @A Sparkle of Light
Hannah @Mirroring Jesus
Jaclynn @Purposeful Girlhood
Rosy @Rosy’s writing
Bekah @Bekah’s Books
I gave up on the links. Too many, guys. Can I just be cheered that I actually named eleven bloggers?
- History book or Science book? Why?
- What is better, having to color all day, or having to wash dishes all day?
- Do you use caps lock often?
- Lace, ruffles, or camouflage?
- What is you opinion on the all time classic, Pride and Prejudice?
- Botany or astronomy?
- If you had to choose a broken finger, or a broken toe, which would you chose?
- What is your favorite hair color?
- Do you enjoy crafting or destroying better?
- What is your favorite kind of tape?
- Lastly, if you knew some horrid event was about to happen in the near future, how would you go about warning people?
Over and out…